All The Problems Bed Bugs Bring To Your Phoenix Home
People think that pest problems only hit dirty or mismanaged properties. Bed bugs prove this assumption wrong time and time again. These tiny parasites are incredibly good at spreading from one property to the next and even spotless homes can fall victim to an infestation. Learn how you can stay protected from their bites by learning all you can about invasive bed bugs in Phoenix.
An Overview Of Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are incredibly small insects, though they can be seen with the naked eye. No bigger than an apple seed, these reddish-brown parasites feed off the blood of mammals. That includes people and our pets. And bed bugs can infest a lot more than just mattresses and sheets. Bed bugs have to find a way of transporting themselves from place to place. But they’re lazy pests, so they have people and animals do the walking for them. By clinging to clothing, hair, and skin, bed bugs can hitch rides from infested locations to new areas. Once inside a home, they quickly find the best place to nest where they can get easy access to blood while you’re asleep. Once they’ve hunkered down, bed bugs lay eggs that will bolster their numbers.
Bed Bugs & Health Concerns
Thanks to that old, folksy saying about “not letting the bed bugs bite,” most people are already aware that infestations lead to itchy welts. Bed bug bites are often the first and only sign homeowners get that an infestation is present, but most people don’t realize just how many problems these bites can lead to. Here are some of the other health concerns that bed bugs pose:
- Infection: While there’s no solid evidence that bed bug bites spread diseases, frequent scratching at the site of a bite can lead to infection of the area.
- Insomnia: The discomfort caused by their feeding can be enough to keep you awake at night, especially as the bites pile up and begin to cover more of your body.
- Allergies: Some people and pets have allergic reactions to bed bug saliva, causing irritating rashes that worsen the itchy effects.
An Impossible Problem
Not only are bed bugs easy to contract, but they are also nearly impossible to get rid of without professional help. Here are just some of the ways that bed bugs can be brought into your home:
- Hotspots: Because they are hitchhikers, bed bugs are often tracked through populated areas and high-traffic properties. This is why even those who are careful to protect their own properties can still end up bringing bed bugs inside.
- Containers: Bed bugs can go weeks without a meal, allowing them to wait inside of packages or used items that people bring inside without thinking twice.
- Eggs: Even if at-home solutions are successful at killing some adult bugs, they will do nothing to bed bug eggs. These peppery black flakes are often well-hidden, meaning an infestation can come roaring back with the next generation of pests.
Rid Your Home Of Bed Bugs Now
For true protection from bed bugs, you shouldn’t take any chances. Rather than worrying whether you’ll pick them up somewhere in public, or wasting time with over-hyped products and solutions, go directly to your local pest professionals. At White Knight Pest Control, we know how to get rid of bed bugs. Our proven solutions are guaranteed to get rid of them quickly and we can offer advice on how to keep them out in the future.
Save yourself from bites (and worse) by partnering with White Knight Pest Control for total bed bug protection.